DIAS is running a series of parent information events, hosted by local schools, throughout the 2017 autumn term.
These events are information sessions for parents and carers, where you can find out more about how Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) support works in Devon.
Our aim is to help you to understand the system in Devon, and you’ll be able to hear from our experienced staff and have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss key issues. We’ll be covering:
- What support is there for children with SEND
- What the ‘assess, plan, do, and review’ cycle is
- What all the recent changes mean for you and your family
- What the SEND Local Offer is
Events will be hosted by the following schools (you can go to any event, whether your child goes to that school or not):
- Wednesday 18th October – Uffculme School, 11am-1pm
- Thursday 19th October – Ockment Centre, Okehampton, 10am-12pm
- Wednesday 8th November – Chulmleigh Community College, 7pm-9pm
- Wednesday 15th November – Ladysmith Infant School, 9am-11am
- Monday 20th November – The Liberty Centre, Petroc, Barnstaple, 2pm-3.30pm
To book your place, click on the link above for the event you want to go to.
When you book you can tell us whether you have any special requirements or specific questions you would like us to answer, so we can prepare and tailor it to your needs.
If you would like to host an event, or would like more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.