Browsealoud on our website
We have added digital inclusion software called Browsealoud to our website. It has reading support and can translate pages into other languages to help make the website easier to use. It should help if you have dyslexia, find reading difficult, have sight problems or have English as a second language.
Click on the Browsealoud launchpad that appears on the top right of your screen to launch the support toolbar. Then simply click on any of the functions to get started.
How does Browsealoud help?
Browsealoud offers reading and translation support. The toolbar has the following choices:
- text-to-speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
- translation: written and spoken translations in multiple languages
- text magnification: makes the text bigger and reads it out loud
- makes mp3 files : converts any text you have selected into an MP3 audio file for you to listen to
- screen mask: blocks distractions on the screen with a tinted mask
- web page simplifier: takes away clutter from the screen and shows only the main text
- change the settings: you can customise the site to meet your needs
You can watch the Browsealoud features video to see it in in action. If you would like more support you can visit support.texthelp.com, the dedicated support portal from Texthelp – the makers of Browsealoud.