DIAS provides children and young people with SEND, and their parents and carers, with the information, advice and support that they may need in order to make informed decisions about their next steps or future options.
Producing factsheets and newsletters as well as having a direct line that people can call for individual support, we provide a service to help parents, carers and young people keep up to date on services relating to all aspects of SEND.
DIAS can provide a range of further support including:
- Preparing for and support at meetings with schools, local authorities and other professionals
- Empowering you to share your views and participate in the Devon Assessment Framework (DAF) process
- Explaining SEN support in school
- Assisting in the statutory assessment process
- Helping you to understand official documents and complete forms
- Supporting you to resolve issues including complaints, tribunals and appeals
- Finding other relevant organisation or contacts
DIAS has a dedicated and confidential enquiry line. To ensure confidentiality, we only take direct requests for support from you, the parent, carer or young people. Professional or others, can make a referral on behalf of a child, young person, parent or carer with their permission.